Judge Robert J. O’Conor, Jr. (Former)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Arbitrator & Mediator
Judge Robert O’Conor, Jr. served as a U.S. District Court Judge for the Southern District of Texas from 1975 to 1984. Now in private practice, his areas of expertise include:
- Title VII, FELA,
- Railroad and Maritime litigation.
He is also active in the areas of legal and medical malpractice, premises and product liability, vehicular accidents, and toxic torts as well as commercial contracts.
Judge O’Conor is a graduate of The University of Texas, receiving an LLB in 1957 and a BA in 1956. From 1958- 1969, he was a Captain, Judge Advocate General Corps, U.S. Army Reserves.
Judge Robert O’Conor Selected cases:
- Ross v. H.I. S. D. (desegregaton of H.I.S.D.)
- Pemex v. Sedco (Pemes-Ixtoc I Oil Spill)
- Schlumberger v. IRS
- Estelle (Prison Desegregation)
- Nissho-Iwai Co. Ltd. V. Occidental Crude
- U.S. v. Billy Clayton et al (Speaker of Texas House)