Dennis P. Lynch, Esq.
New York City, Washington D.C., Boca Raton, Florida
Arbitrator, Mediator, Mock Trials, Expert, Corporate Investigation, Special Discovery Master
For over 35 years, Dennis Lynch has tried, managed and resolved thousands of cases, in United States and foreign jurisdictions. His broad experience includes class actions, securities, tax, intellectual property, mass torts and commercial and contract disputes. He has extensive experience with corporate and federal and state governmental investigations.
Dennis Lynch has been an arbitrator and mediator since 2017. He has mediated numerous commercial and products liability disputes. In addition to FedArb, Dennis is on the roster of a number of leading arbitration and mediation institutions, including CPR (International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution), the American Arbitration Association and FINRA (formerly NASD and NYSE), as well as a federal and state Court-annexed arbitration and mediation programs and several asbestos trusts.
Prior to beginning his career as an arbitrator and mediator, Dennis was Vice President and Chief Litigation Counsel at Tyco International plc, a $40+ billion international conglomerate. In that role, he was responsible global litigation, including the resolution of a wide-range of litigation arising from one of the largest corporate scandals in United States history.
These cases involved federal and state securities, tax disputes, complex contracts, insurance coverage, corporate financing and criminal matters. Most of these matters were resolved through complicated mediations that he directly participated in and managed. Dennis also managed all litigation arising from Tyco’s wide-ranging operations, such as consumer class actions, intellectual property, contractual and products liability and environmental disputes. He directly managed all outside counsel globally.
Dennis has extensive experience with mass tort litigation, including consumer claims (tort and contract), asbestos and other recurring products liability claims, and environmental disputes. This experience includes MDL proceedings.
While at Tyco, he was a member of the corporate-wide Diversity and Inclusion Council, and served on the corporate mergers and acquisition committee. In addition to his extensive experience with internal investigations, Dennis directly negotiated with a wide range of federal and state regulatory agencies.
Before he joined Tyco, Dennis was Assistant General Counsel at Unisys Corporation managing a wide range of litigation in the United States and internationally, with a specific emphasis on intellectual property and contractual disputes relating to software and systems integration projects. Prior to going in-house, he was a trial lawyer at a major Philadelphia law firm and tried jury and bench trials in federal and state courts.
Dennis currently manages the resolution of legacy mass tort and environmental liabilities related to former Tyco entities. He has managed an entity through a successful bankruptcy, and created a corporate structure to address other long-tail liabilities. As part of those efforts, he acquired extensive knowledge of insurance coverage issues.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court; U.S. D.C., Eastern and Middle Districts of PA;
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals;
- U. S. Supreme Court;
- New Jersey In-House Counsel License
- Association of Corporate Counsel (Member – Council of Champs);
- American Bar Association (Member, Dispute Resolution Section);
- Philadelphia Bar Association (Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section)
- Association of Corporate Counsel Value Champion Award (2012);
- Support Center for Child Advocates, Distinguished Advocate (2018)
- Baylor University School of Law, Executive LLM in Litigation Management (2019-present);
- University of Maryland Carey Law School (2020);
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (2014);
- Rutgers University Business School (2014)
ADR PANEL AFFILIATIONS:
- Federal Arbitration, Inc. “FedArb”
- FINRA (formerly NASD and NYSE)
- CPR (International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution – Distinguished Neutral
- Court-Annexed Mediation – Judge Pro Tempore, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Asbestos Trusts – Arbitrator and Mediator for several Asbestos Trusts
- Certificate in Mediation, Harvard Law School (2016)
- JD, University of Maryland School of Law (1984)
- B.S., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School (1980)